Responsive design is a default these days, but we are all still figuring out just the right process and techniques to better craft responsive websites. That’s why Smashing Magazine created a new book — to gather practical techniques and strategies from people who have learned how to get things done right, in actual projects with actual real-world challenges.
The Smashing Book 5: Real-Life Responsive Web Design is Smashing Magazine’s brand-new book with smart front-end techniques and design patterns derived from real-life responsive projects. With 13 chapters on responsive workflow, SVG, Flexbox, web fonts, responsive images, responsive email, content strategy, debugging, performance and offline experience, this is just the book you need to master all the tricky facets and hurdles of responsive design.
Written by Daniel Mall, Ben Callahan, Eileen Webb, Sara Soueidan, Zoe M. Gillenwater, Bram Stein, Yoav Weiss, Tom Maslen, Fabio Carneiro, John Allsopp, Matt Gaunt, Andrew Clarke and Vitaly Friedman.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- A Responsive Way Forward — written by Vitaly Friedman
- The Modern Responsive Designer’s Workflow — written by Dan Mall
- Responsive Process — written by Ben Callahan
- Responsive Design Patterns And Components — written by Vitaly Friedman
- Content Choreography — written by Eileen Webb
- Mastering SVG For Responsive Web Design — written by Sara Soueidan
- Building Advanced Responsive Modules With Flexbox — written by Zoe M. Gillenwater
- Web Fonts Performance — written by Bram Stein
- Responsive Images — written by Yoav Weiss
- Testing And Debugging Responsive Web Design — written by Tom Maslen
- Responsive Email Design — written by Fabio Carneiro
- Performance Optimization Roadmap — written by Vitaly Friedman
- Beyond Responsive: Optimizing For Offline — written by John Allsopp and Matt Gaunt
- Counting Stars: Creativity Over Predictability — written by Andrew Clarke